Radiocommunication Services include the following:
A. Aeronautical Service
- Aeronautical HF Fixed and Mobile Stations
- Aeronautical VHF Fixed and Mobile Stations
- Aeronautical Station – Commercial
- Aeronautical Ground to Air Station (Glider, Hang Glider and Balloon)
- Aeronautical Ground Station (Airlines)
- Radio Licence – Aircraft ( take-off weight more than 3,200kg)
- Radio Licence – Aircraft (more than 3200kg but less than 14,000kg)
- Radio Licence – Aircraft (take-off weight more than 14000kg)
- Radio Licence – Aircraft (Glider, Hang Glider and Balloon)
- Aeronautical Navigational Aid & Radar(Private Aerodrome)
B. Fixed & Land Mobile Services
- HF Fixed and Landmobile Stations
- VHF Fixed and Landmobile Stations
- VHF Repeater Stations
- UHF/SHF Fixed and Landmobile Stations
- Amateur Radio Licence
- Citizens Band Radio Station
C. Marine Services
- Marine HF Fixed and Mobile Stations
- Marine VHF Fixed and Mobile Stations
- Limited Coast Station
D. Trunk Radio Network and other Services
ü Trunk Radio Network
ü Mobile Satellite Services(MSS) / GMPCs eg Irridium, Inmarsat, Thuraya
Applications forms for A, B, C & D
$ A. Application Forms :
$ B. Application Form
$ C. Application Form
$ D. Application Form
The processes of applying for any telecommunication service authorization or license are listed below:
- Applicant must obtain, complete and submit the relevant application forms together with relevant documents for Application of Telecommunication Licences or Authorizations and the complete non-refundable Application Fee.
- The NATCOM will acknowledge in writing, receipt of the application within five days.
- The NATCOM will evaluate the application and respond to the applicant within sixty days.
All applications should be accompanied with a copy of the receipt of payment of the appropriate application fee. See Fee Structure 2014 and Bank details.
Note the following:
- All payments to NATCOM should be made through Sierra Leone Commercial Bank
- Leones equivalent is accepted of the day of payment.