- To develop and maintain an effective and efficient national frequency allocation plan,
- To monitor and enforce assigned frequency conditions as well as develop and maintain specifications and standards for Radio Communications services.
Units within division and key functions
Spectrum Management & Frequency Planning
- Develop and maintain national frequency allocation plan/table.
- Frequency planning coordination with neighboring countries.
- Frequency assignments to authorized applicants.
- Equipment standards, specifications, and authorization.
- Spectrum engineering (EMC analysis, link analysis, etc.).
- Research to determine existing and future radio communications needs of the country and to recommend policies.
Media and other services
- Develop and maintain technical specifications and equipment standards for sound broadcasting services.
- Develop and maintain technical specifications and standards for television broadcasting services.
- Certification and maintaining technical specifications and technical standards of maritime communication services.
- Inspection and certification of Aeronautical communication services.
- Licensing and inspection of Amateur Radio services.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on compliance of quality of service obligations on regional basis in collaboration with Regional Offices
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on compliance of billing and tariffs of all services in collaboration with Regulatory Administration and Consumer & Corporate Affairs Divisions.
- Verify monthly and quarterly network operations reports.
- Perform audits on all core transmission and access networks
- Monitor, analyze and report on compliance on guidelines on the tower deployment
- Monitor and ensure that power radiated by equipment at base stations are within safety limits
- To maintain the database on base stations
- Inspect communications equipment at ports of entry to ensure compliance with established standards prior to clearance.
- Conduct market surveillance and testing of equipment to ensure compliance with set standards.